Entry Door Components
When you purchase your Benchmark by Therma-Tru door, you don’t get just a door. You get a fully integrated system – a system that will give you long-lasting energy efficiency, security,
durability and, of course, beauty.
Here’s what you’ll get with each and every Benchmark entry door system:
- Glass System: Featuring triple pane insulated decorative safety glass¹, each glass assembly is its own insulating system, made with 3 layers of safety glass.
Insulating air spaces between the inner and outer panes prevent heat, cold and moisture from passing through. Safety glass, when broken, shatters into small pieces without sharp edges.
- Compression Weatherstrip: Our compression weatherstrip is filled with foam that remains flexible and seals your entryway against moisture and air infiltration in
most weather conditions.
- Leak Protection Pad: This feature reduces a typical point of air and moisture infiltration, providing a special corner “pocket” that keeps air and moisture from creeping through.
- Heavy-Duty Door Sweep: Our door bottom sweep is another energy-saving feature. It is made with dual bulbs and dual fins that form a tight seal against air and water infiltration.
- Rot-Resistant Adjustable Sill: The cap is formed of a maintenance-free composite material that won’t decay or absorb moisture like wood. Adjustment hardware is made of
sturdy, corrosion-resistant steel.
- Optional Rot-Resistant Jamb: Primed and ready to paint, it protects against rot and insect damage.
- Optional Three-Point Locking System: Multi-point locking system adds greater security and stability. Made with corrosion-resistant stainless steel for longer, more durable
¹ Double pane insulated safety glass on clear glass with grilles.